Friday, August 3, 2012

Back to school...good-bye Summer

Its been a fun, short summer this year. We had so much fun on our vacations. Next year we hope to meet even more family members in Newport Beach. The big boys did come over for a few days and that made it fun and my brother Kelly and his family were there at the same time. It was great to visit with them also. Of course the weather was amazing and I didn't want to come home! We shopped and played the kids went to Knotts Berry Farm for the first time!

This is a pic I snapped as I drove away! 



Its been hard to acclimate since we've been home. There were 8 wild fires in Utah so we postponed our trip there to next week. My cute niece is getting married at This is The Place Monument on friday so it should be a nice time to visit with family that we haven't seen for a couple of years.













We will be staying at a hotel in City Creek and in Park City. I hope to attend BYU Ed Week also the week after. John and I got new callings this summer too. He is teaching Gospel Doctrine and I didn't get released from RS Provident living specialist, but was asked to serve in YW as the Beehive advisor.  I taught for the first time last Sunday and lets just say I didn't love it. The girls were very difficult to engage in conversation. arghh but I hope to improve my teaching skills so that they will feel the spirit and be able to learn the doctrine they need to stay on the path to the Temple.