Friday, August 24, 2012

Pres. Monson's 85th Birthday Celebration!

What a glorious evening this was! The night was cool (unlike the august nights at home in AZ. John and I walked through Temple Square after a fabulous dinner at the Oyster Bar. The musical guests were incredible
 Dallyn proudly hails from Utah
and has played leading roles 
in Broadway touring productions of
Phantom of the Opera
and
Les Miserable
(He is also known for his portrayal of Hyrum Smith
in the films, Joseph Smith, The Prophet of the Restoration
and Emma Smith, My Story.) 

Friday night he sang one of the most
exquisite and flawless renditions of
"Bring Him Home"
from
Les Miserable
I have EVER heard.
(Standing ovation led by President Monson.)




Steve Young and Jane Clayson were the MC's


Sanford Olsen was fantastic! I had no idea he was a local....
 What a thrill to get to hear the wonderful Rebecca Luker.
One of my girls' favorite CD's while growing up was
The Secret Garden.
Ms. Luker played the original Lily in the Broadway cast.
She has also starred in Mary Poppins, The Music Man
The Sound of Music, Showboat,
and as Christine in Phantom of the Opera.



He was adorable- his sense of humor was right there! He wasn't going to leave he was chatting with everyone and waving at us...It truly was an honor to be in attendance!


 Here are a couple of pics I snapped of us....



Its fun to visit Salt Lake City. Im glad we live in Queen Creek, tho. I don't think I could ever bare the cold weather!

Our trip was so relaxing. John got to golf many times and I got to play with grandkids and shop with Haley. We did attend Lindsey's wedding and it was fun to be all together as a family. Actually it was the first time in many years that all 6 of my kids were together in the same place~ this is the photo we took at her wedding.