Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I love to cook, bake and eat!


I got tagged a while back and have quietly avoided it. sshhhhh When I started to reflect on crazy things about me ..I asked my kids to tell me about their mom. They immediately said things like "she likes to cook, she bakes bread allot, she likes to eat in fancy restaurants" It cracked me up. So I'm not listing 7 things about me, but rather, sharing some of my favorite recipes and web sites for baking, cooking and eating! I stumbled onto this web site and this gal and I get along great! http://www.thepioneerwomancooks.com/ I have tried all of her recipes and they are awesome! You can check in with her every week or so and she will share a new recipe.
When I realized the power that Google had I started to sometimes type in the search engine the scraps of food I have that I don't have any clue what to put together. Like chicken and red onion, broccoli...hit GO and whahhhlaahh I'll have 10 different recipe websites with ideas for those lame ingredients that I couldn't whip into dinner on my own. I highly recommend this when you are so out of creative ideas for dinner! Unless you have picky eaters and one of those calendars that have 8 meals placed on different days for the entire month.


The love for baking came in my early 20's. The feeling of accomplishment was there every time I finished a cake. Weird I know..I should have gone to a culinary school. John bought me a Bosch mixer 2 years ago for Christmas and things haven't been the same since. In April I took Shar's whole wheat bread making class. The goal was to provide my family with bread each week by the end of summer. Her recipe and technique was so easy for me that perfect bread each time occurred. I now make bread every week. Usually Wednesday. I make from 4 to 8 loaves and love to share it with friends or neighbors each week. I love it ~ the making baking and sharing.

other sites I love to reference http://allrecipes.com/ http://www.foodnetwork.com/
http://www.epicurious.com/