
I don't understand why Haley hates to wash dishes. She seems to like to eat and drink. She has all of her friends over to eat off of glass dishes. She'll sometimes bake for hours dirtying every muffin, cake or cookie pan. Today I tried to tell her she was the princess of the house..and just like Cinderella, she would be expected to wash dishes. ( I even said it in a rather nice un-step-Mother-like voice) It didn't work. She just complained and moaned and couldn't see how this dish cleaning was a positive discipline she should acquire. She doesn't think she should have some regular duties around the castle.

She's a teen and she acts like I 'don't get it'. School and friends are much more important and she shouldn't use up her valuable time in remedial chores.Like dishes, laundry or making her bed. For heaven's sake!

What gets me is that the minute her Dad walks in the room, she stops her yappin and complaining and puts on a nice fake smile. Teens!