Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Something Funny comes this way part 1

I used to think I was a funny, even clever writer like Erma Bombeck. As I've aged my story isn't very funny and others lives are much more exciting. And I'm not a good writer at all pfh! What was I thinking?? I think Erma was always honest and I've always thought the truth holds the greatest humor. As I put my memoirs on paper (ok not paper but in sentences in my online journal) I'm amazed at the amount of humor there is in my past.
Here are few things I tend to laugh about now.
I know how to milk a goat and a cow. Not at the same time mind you- but I could get milk if needed! Being a city girl this was quite an accomplishment and one I was totally embarrassed by- just having the knowledge made me feel dorky. It made me feel like I could have been Laura Ingalls BFF. Speaking of Little House on the Prairie, my two favorite shows when I was about 9 were Daniel Boone and Gillian's Island. Of course as puberty set in those changed to the Monkey's and Solid Gold and Soul Train. I thought I was quite the dancer. Thank goodness there isn't much home movie footage of that stage. I've found one way to totally embarrass my kids. It's to dance and then Dance in front of their friends- oh yeah that gets them!...currently I'm trying to learn the
Hoedown Throwdown (the video is free on iTunes) I'm sure my kids will die when I master it and dance in front of their friends this summer!
Enough for now- more lat
er

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fRiT05TWwE