Friday, June 19, 2009

Jon and Kate- i think i hate....

I dislike the show Jon & Kate plus 8. I find Kate to be snotty (understandably so sometimes...especially lately), and the prospect of having 8 kids, 6 the same age is daunting really. In light of Jon's purported infidelities (how the heck did he even find time?), the show has a morbid aspect to it.

I cannot help but think that Jon's pseudo-celebrity status must have contributed to his opportunities for infidelity. This does not excuse the fact that he is cheating (allegedly) on an abnormally large family, but it might explain it. I can't imagine that he would seem appealing to anyone except a malicious home wrecker if he weren't a tv personality. But seeing him on TV, getting picked at by his snotty wife may have somehow made him endearing to somebody. The same kind of off-balanced person who writes letters to convicted serial killers.

Jon may have the same delusions as tv actors who leave a hit show to try out an ill-fated movie career, or lead singers who go solo and then disappear (Barenaked Ladies guy Steven Whatsyerface- I'm calling you out). I suspect that the show "Kate plus 8" is going to be more interesting to watch. More interesting than the other spin off - "Jon's Adventures in the Oakwoods singles complex".