
I had know idea the first week would be so long and so worrisome, can you just say TOUGH?, it was so tough! The virtue of patience gets tested. I was getting ready to call the MTC to find out why I hadn't heard anything from my missionary boy.....just a simple letter that says..the food is good, I'm not homesick, I'm having a great time etc etc etc.Day after day...nothing....... Alas the email arrives! All the worries fade as he reports that he is lovin' it at the MTC.
He wrote that it is much better there then he was told or ever imagined. He was made a District Leader over 12 other missionaries and his leaders love that his district gets along so well. He has learned to pray and testify of Christ in Espanol. He also said that they are having a hard time getting the 2 year work visas so he might go to a stateside spanish speaking mission first. He's fine...I don't know why I was so worried about him.I am so thankful for the first of many emails. whew!