Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thankful Thursday #3


What is it that makes the Holidays so special? For me it's the mUsIc. I love almost all music....Everything from Handel's Hallelujah Chorus, to Jimmy Buffet's Mele Kalikimaka. Music is what I am Thankful for this week, and every week. I think I must have been born with a song in my heart. I have always loved music. There are genre's I'm not fond of i.e., heavy metal, gansta rap you know what I mean? I think music makes the movie. Music is so powerful and can change moods and energy so quickly. I remember the first time I heard Andrea Bocceli singing. I was standing in the women's shoe department in Nordstrom and I was riveted by his incredible tenor operatic voice, needless to say I was moved to tears by the end of the song. Another song that triggered a bucket of tears was the lds Children's song 'He sent His son' I think the lyrics are what got me, because it was sung by children from 3-11yrs old. We had a family tradition when my older kids were young. We would dress up, dine at a fancy restaurant and then attend the Christmas Symphony. Santa always conducted the finale of jingle bells.It was always a special night and the Orchestra was wonderful. I feel that when you are listening to really good music you can close your eyes and its as if your body or soul is drinking up every note. My house wouldn't be the same without music floating through every room. I'm thankful I can read music and play music (though I'm not very good). What would movies be like without music? aahh boring. I think my love for classical music came from early Saturday morning cartoons. Do you remember the music with Bugs Bunny ? And some of the real early cartoons didn't have any dialog it was all music! I was hooked early.
I come from a long line of music lovers My grandmother Dubach could sit at the piano and play for hours She, like my mother had a beautiful singing voice. One of things I love about being around my brothers and sisters at Christmas time is someone will break into song usually its the Messiah Chorus and everyone chimes in and sings parts. I have many spontaneous fun memories all with MuSiC! I love that music is universal...you don't have to speak the language of beautiful music. Its here for all to enjoy!!