This is our 8th summer here in the valley of the sun. I must first admit that we live here because the winters are so 'spring like'. Sometimes the heat is incredible. I have blisters on my feet from quickly running outside to the pool to grab my sunglasses. The flagstone must be 300 degrees. When we first came into the valley, I remember calling John and saying 'I think my car a/c isn't working'. He laughed and replied 'Oh I'm sure its working fine...its just really hot and humid!' I still have pictures of Nick (at 2ys old) in his little boxers out in the yard holding the hose on his head and letting the water fall all over his face and body, as if his skin could soak up the cool water.
We normally vacation in UT or So Cal to beat the heat. But this year is different. It makes for fun indoor movie watching on the big screen with the kids. Spending hour after hour reading books out loud instead of laundry. Playing UNO with a flare.